Terms & Conditions
Life@Whitehouse Leisure Club shall be operated as a propriety club owned by Sandgate Worcester Ltd, located at 62 Foregate Street Worcester WR1 1EA.
The owner shall solely determine the facilities of the club; any amendment or replacement shall be at the owner’s discretion.
It is the aim of Life@Whitehouse Leisure Club to provide a pleasurable part of your leisure time. To that end we have put together, some simple “terms of membership” which we hope will ensure all members are able to enjoy the club safely and without being inconvenienced. We welcome all members’ comments and suggestions.
- Members must present their membership card each time they visit the club. Hotel guests must present their paper key card, not their actual key. The club reserves the right to refuse entry without presentation of these items.
- Entry will be refused to anybody who appears to be or is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn in the club. In the gymnasium and swimming pool areas. Outdoor shoes must not be worn. Swimming costumes must be worn in the pool, spa bath, sauna and steam room. Swimsuits and exercise clothing, with the exception of tracksuits, may not be worn in the public areas of the hotel.
- No animals are permitted in the club, other than guide dogs.
- The club will open from 6.30am – 10.00pm Monday – Thursday, 6.30am – 8.00pm Friday, 8.00am – 8.00pm Saturday and Sunday. Last entry is 45 minutes before closing. These hours may vary on Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- The club reserves the right to close facilities without prior notice should the need arise. Whenever possible advanced warning will be given.
- Members may be accompanied by a maximum of two guests at any one visit, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Club Manager.
- Only adult members are permitted to sign in guests
- The club reserves the right to refuse admission to any guest.
- The club reserves the right to terminate membership without giving reason. (Refunds may be available subject to circumstances of membership termination)
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Please shower before using the swimming pool, spa bath, sauna and steam room.
- Prior to using the gymnasium, a Personal Health Statement must be read and signed.
- In the sauna or steam room, reading, shaving, personal grooming or the drying of clothing and towels is not permitted.
- Running/ jumping/ diving or any other activity that may cause harm to other pool users is not permitted in or around the pool area.
- Members must accept responsibility for their guests and ensure that they abide by the terms of membership. Members must be with their guests at all times
- Food and drink are not permitted on poolside, in the gym area or in the changing rooms.
- Glass (including face masks made from glass) and crockery are not permitted anywhere in the club other than the reception/lounge area.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the club.
- Please ensure that you have read the ‘pool rules’ signage before using the pool facilities.
- The use of snorkelling masks is forbidden
- Children may use the club at any time Monday to Sunday providing those under 16 are accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the gymnasium.
- Children under the age of 8 are not permitted to use the spa bath.
- Children aged 9 – 14 must be supervised by an adult when using the spa bath.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to use the sauna and steam room.
- There must be at least one adult to every two children under the age of 16 entering the pool area.
- All children must be supervised at all times whilst on the premises.
- There is no guest entry fee for children under the age of 6 years old.
- Children aged 8 and over are not permitted to enter the opposite sex changing rooms.
- The club management reserves the right to reject any application for membership without giving a reason.
- The club fees and tariffs shall be determined by the club and may be altered at any time. Members will be notified in advance of any changes.
- The club reserves the right to terminate the membership of any member without notice in the event of a member committing a serious breach of the club’s terms of membership.
- On cancellation or termination of membership, no refund will be made.
- All members who wish to cancel their membership must do so in writing giving 28 days’ notice.
- Membership cards are only for use by the member and are not transferable under any circumstances.
- Radios, mobile phones and other items likely to cause annoyance must be used with ear /headphones at all times.
- Ball games and inflatable toys & rafts are not permitted in the pool unless incorporated into a planned children’s activity.
- Lockers should only be used for storage of personal belongings.
- Property is stored at the owner’s risk and the club will accept no liability for loss or damage.
- Lockers will be cleared every 24 hours and all items removed.
- The club reserves the right to dispose of any items not claimed within 4 weeks.
- The club reserves the right to amend these terms at its absolute discretion. Notification of changes will be displayed on the notice board.
- Lost keys will be charged @£10.00 per key
- All members will pay a subscription beginning when the member is accepted for membership and shall be payable either annually in advance or by monthly payments in which case it will be debited from the members bank account by monthly direct debit
- Renewal of memberships is due after completion of the initial 12 month period and subsequent 12 month periods thereafter. Members are given the option to renew their existing membership given the the Terms and Conditions set out above prevailing for further 12 month periods, change to a different membership tariff for which a new initial contract period will apply, or pay their membership fee in one annual lump sum. Where members choose to renew their existing membership, members will have the ability to cancel their membership in accordance with the cancellation clauses set out in these Terms and Conditions. Please note that the continuance of monthly payments to Sandgate Worcester Ltd will constitute the renewal of the membership at the prevailing rate in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- 3d Leisure or Sandgate Worcester Ltd may cancel the membership of any member in the event that they commit a serious breach of the membership agreement or the Club rules. Any refunds owed will be at the absolute discretion of the management.
- Cancellation by a Member:
All direct debit members must provide 28 days WRITTEN notice to the Club Manager in the event of wanting terminate membership.
- A member requires confirmation in writing of cancellation from the Club Manager and he/she should contact the Club Manager if this is not received within 7 days of the member giving notice to cancel. The member should provide details of the address for delivery of this written notice if this address is different from that held by the Club Manager.
- Cancellation of an annual membership requires a doctor’s note to state the member is not fit to carry on the membership for the remainder of the contract, in this event a pro rata refund may be given at the Club Managers discretion.
- A member may cancel his/ her membership within 14 days of joining the Club by resigning in writing to the Club Manager. This 14 day period commences from the start date set.
- It may happen that, through circumstances beyond our control, we will be unable to provide our full range of services. We will do all we can to restore our services to normal as soon as possible. Members will still be liable for membership subscriptions during this period.
- In the event of any default of the member, the 3d Leisure Sandgate Worcester Ltd may disclose personal particulars contained in the membership agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
- Members must accept responsibility for their guests and ensure that they abide to the terms of membership. Members must be with their guests at all times.
- Any behaviour involving other users, staff and hotel staff deemed inappropriate by the club or hotel management may be classed as a serious breach of this agreement and may result in the cancellation of your membership. This would include but is not limited to violent or aggressive behaviour, misuse of equipment, unauthorised access and theft.
- Members are entitled to a maximum of 3 hours parking per day, only when the Leisure Club facility is used. Any member found to be abusing the car park facility will be charged £10.00 for doing so.
- Members are required to have the car park ticket stamped by a member of the Leisure Club team after using the facilities. This ticket will be exchanged for an exit token at the hotel’s reception
DATA PROTECTION ACT
- We take the privacy of our members seriously. This statement explains the ways in which we use your personal information. If you have any queries with regard to our processing please contact the Club Manager.
- We collect personal information from you through the membership form and your use of our facilities. The information we collect may relate to your physical health or condition.
- We use your personal information for the purpose of providing and personalising our membership services and providing you with information about products and services offered by us or our business partners and third parties.